I’m not a big donut person but with this recipe I think I have become one. These are a healthier version than your typical fried donut. They are more nutrient dense with good fiber and fat and minimal added sugars.
The donut molds I used are linked here and the collagen powder I like is linked here. Let me know if you try and how they turn out!
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup collagen powder (vanilla)
- 1/3 cup sugar Sub maple syrup, honey or zero calorie sweetener. If using sweetener, may need to adjust measurements.
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk I used oat milk
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Milk of choice Start with 1 tbsp then go from there. You need less than you think. Mix together to form a glaze.
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add eggs and milk
- Fill donut molds about 3/4 full
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 18-20 mins
- Let cool before popping out of molds
- After donuts are cooled, dip in glaze and add sprinkles.