These are my son’s favorite! We hope you enjoy them as much as he does!
Makes 12-14 Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar in the raw (or honey/agave)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil (avocado or coconut)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pans
- Place bananas in standing or hand held mixer and mix until bananas are broken up and smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and powder and salt. Whisk together until everything is mixed well.
- In another bowl (or measuring cup) whisk egg and then add milk, oil and vanilla. Pour in and mix with the smashed bananas.
- Once incorporated, add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated together.
- Add the frozen blueberries and mix until incorporated into the batter.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to add mixture to muffin pans
- Cook for 20-25 minutes (this is completely depending on your oven. Set timer for 15 or 18 mins and check to see progress. Add time as needed until knife comes out clean. Don’t overcook or they will be dry!)
I’ve added a yogurt cream cheese icing with these and they taste like a cupcake! But healthier of course!